Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9GSJUAuFfE
What Trump did
amazing was making him self-look really well liked and popular during the
debate. The first thing he talks about is all the military and security
endorsements he has received. He talks about the various amounts of Admirals
and Generals who endorsed him. He mentions specifically ICE which by his claims
has “never openly supported any candidate before”. This is by far one of his
smartest tactics. Also he did a really good job making Hillary look stupid.
When she speaks he makes facial expressions and little comments that really
undermine everything she is discussing. It takes the audiences attention off
what she is saying and puts it on Trump. He also blames the Obama
administration (includes Clinton) about the horrible state of our cyber
security. By doing this, he is able to bolster the Republican Party’s image,
while discrediting Hillary Clinton. What Trump did not do so well with was
being clear and exact with what his plans are for cyber security. This seems to
be a common thing Trump does in public events. During this debate he talks
about how bad America has been with cyber security, but he never explains or
even summarizes his ideas to improve Cyber security. He is showing the American
people and the world that the United States is not at their best and that can
become a very dangerous thing.
If I were Trump’s
campaign advisor I would tell him that he needs to lay out at lest 2 or 3
points that explains most of his claims and plans. I know that if Trump was
more clear with his plans, that he would not only help his image with the
general public, but would boost his campaigns credibility. One of the biggest
critiques of Trump is that it seems like he does not know what he is doing. By
not being able to explain even briefly his plans, makes him look stupid and
unprepared. Even though it has helped him, I would tell Trump not to interrupt
Clinton as frequently as he usually does during these debates. It is not a good
look for a presidential candidate. He needs to be able to show temperament and
resolve, which are two very important qualities a world leader needs to have
mastered (he has not).
First, his main
platform is immigration, so I would tell him to keep making immigration his
first priority. I tell him that he needs to talk about immigration at every
public event because it is such an important subject that is very relevant in
the United States. I would also tell him to really emphasize Clinton’s mistakes
as the Secretary of State. By going over her two most prominent mishaps the
email scandal and Benghazi attacks, he will be able to rally Republicans
together, while discrediting and degrading Clinton’s time in the White House.
This really would help show the American people that even being a career politician
that Clinton is not prepared to be President of the United States.
http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Screen-Shot-2016-06-23-at-7.26.24-PM-630x460-1.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9GSJUAuFfE
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/02/02/36C9DF7100000578-3719150-image-a-1_1470100156431.jpg
http://assets.creativity-online.com/images/work/full/h/i/l/HillaryClintonPresidentialCampaign_RepublicansAgainstTrump16.jpg



I like how you suggested he question Clinton's Benghazi attacks just because that seems like a lost subject. I don't recall ever being brought up when addressing immigration, which would of been an appropriate time to do so. An occurring theme by Trump has been to lash at Clinton about issues not even in the same ballpark as what is being asked during a debate. He needed to focus more on addressing his views on issues and less on Clintons life. This could of hurt him come the polls, but obviously he won so it didn't. Hopefully as his presidency trails on he gains some political etiquette lessons on his speech tactics. Overall, an interesting views with some things I never thought of before.
ReplyDelete