I believe that
Donald Trump has the most online presence than any other President. As every
presidential candidate/President should Donald has his own website (https://www.donaldjtrump.com). Donald
Trump is active on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram, but by far his
favorite social media site to relay messages on is Twitter. He is by far the
most active twitter friendly President ever. I would say Facebook comes next on
his list just because it is the best place to get your message out to as many
people as quickly as possible. I truly believe that since he is active on the
most popular and influential social media sites that there aren’t really any
notable ones where he does not have a strong presence. Since Donald Trump was
an entertainer before becoming a President he really knows what to do to gain
popularity.
Donald uses these
social media sites to vent from things like possible wire-tapping to berating
the Democratic Party. He effectively bashes his opponents and haters, so that
it becomes national news and everyone hears about it. I truly believe his
online presence and the way he works these sites gained him tons of supporters
during the election season. I mean in a way he beat Hillary Clinton by using
Twitter. Any time she would make a mistake or he wanted to discredit her in
some way he would always tweet about and it would then become the main talking
point for all news channels. By getting the news channels to talk about him the
majority of the time, it effectively became free TV coverage. Even if the
majority of the time they were bashing him, any TV coverage is good coverage
for a presidential candidate.
Trump could have
been more selective in what he was tweeting about. He could have kept the
frequency of his tweets, but if he had focused more on real issues than
responding to insults I believe his popularity would increase dramatically. He
just uses these social media sites so well, but the only problem is he only
tweets bull-crap. I think his most interesting post came just recently when he
went on a Twitter rant about how Obama wiretapped his phones. It is just such
an outrageous claim to make when you cannot present any evidence to back it up.
Also a lot of his more interesting tweets came when the center of attention was
on Hillary’s email scandal. I have to give it to the man he wrote some pretty
funny insults towards Clinton.
I believe that was
the point where he really started to gain momentum. He just continuously kept
bashing her on Twitter, so the whole world could see. I think his posts about
immigration really created the most engagement with his supporters. He made
immigration one of his key platforms throughout the campaign, so he would
always use social media to vent his ideas or concerns. Obviously his supporters
share the same urgency when it comes to immigration, so his tweets really
energized them and solidified their support.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/women/2016/06/03/trumptweet-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqWTE8URzJVEortt55St7h5H0SgpsEyBBKQGTSmQdos-M.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/uDFmIDPzCo4znxgzKlT0_jgv4CqHkarUrQ005ED_HbclD4Ex32hmOHsAn95kbFc_WZMiOQ1BMlRj4Fu-vDLyOgnT3syuxfWFY8KxoEWpqd9gxcPzZnQUM8q76jkJzs7IQUNr_cUt
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2017-03/4/6/asset/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane-02/sub-buzz-21889-1488628571-2.png



I think most of us who have been blogging about Trump have mentioned Trump's twitter at least once.Trump is notoriously known for his lack of filter on twitter. I enjoy the fact that we get to hear directly from the president without a filter but at the same time I wish some of his tweets would never have been sent.
ReplyDeleteTrump is the Twitter King for sure. He uses this outlet just like any other normal person would, venting about life, speaking his mind, and sometimes covering important events. He does need to start focusing more on his job than what his next tweet will be about, but it does make for a fun read.
ReplyDelete